'That "70s Show" actress denies assault

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - "That '70s Show" star Lisa Robin Kelly told "Good Morning America" that she has battled a drinking problem but is not guilty of attacking a man over the weekend.

Kelly was arrested in Los Angeles on Saturday and released on $50,000 bail. She was charged with corporal injury on a spouse, a felony. But on Twitter, she described alleged victim John Michas as a former roommate, not as her husband.

"GMA" interviewer Abbie Boudreau referred to Michas as her "ex" or "ex-boyfriend" during the segment.

"This is all a bunch of made-up stuff," Kelly told Boudreau. "He's saying that I assaulted him ..."

"Did you do that to him?" Boudreau asked.

"No, absolutely not," Kelly said.

Kelly, who played Laurie Forman on "That '70s Show," also said she was not under the influence when she was arrested. She said she has been sober for three months, and that her drinking problem began after a miscarriage.

"I had lost a baby, and as a result of that, I lost everything, and I was abusing alcohol, which I no longer do," the actress said. "With 'That '70s Show,' I was guilty of the drinking problem and I ran. And I am not running from this. And I have paid my dues. And if I can make it through this, I can make it through anything."

Kelly, 42, also told Boudreau she was upset that her "poor mother has to look at that picture of me," referring to the mug shot from her arrest last weekend. "That doesn't look like me. That's not me."

Kelly told "GMA" that she is starring in a new movie called "It Sucks to Be Me."


View the original article here